Monday 11 July 2011

WILTT #6: My idea of a party playlist.

TODAY.

I worked, for an unnecessarily long time, on a playlist for a party today. As a result, what I've listened to today has been a bit of a blur, but I think it gives me a reason to list 5 of my favourite party tunes. By no means in order, but you can consider them my 5 tracks of the day.

Carte Blanche feat. Kid Sister 
"Do! Do! Do!"
The title pretty much prepares you for how catchy this track is. A ridiculously uptempo hyper-house anthem featuring the relentlessly chirpy Kid Sister.



The Knife
"We Share Our Mother's Health"
Weird, clangy, hypnotic, alternative dance modern classic.




Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)"
Irresistable enough in its original form, this indie dance number is given the once over by A-Trak, and all of a sudden it's a tour de force of relentlessly funky chord slabs and shattering beats.




Excision & Datsik
"Swagga"
Quite simply the most revolting dubstep sounds I've come across thus far.



Dillon Francis
"Masta Blasta"
My moombahton obsession continues, and this track, with it's tumbling beats and dissonant siren loops, is the epitome of everything that makes me want to dance. Become aware of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment