Tuesday 6 September 2011

Popdar! - 06/09/11

#36
"Here Come The Lights"
Joker feat. Silas of Turboweekend

Someone said to me recently that the year of dubstep is over. But then again, the year of chillwave ended last autumn, but both Washed Out and Chad Valley managed to pull out great releases this year despite not being "in season", so I have no problem sharing Joker's new single, "Here Come The Lights", which thuds and thwacks, throbs and grinds like dubstep should, without resorting to the 2012 End-Of-The-World histrionics of Chase & Status and Nero. He's more of a Benga and Skream kind of dubstep DJ, the more respectable kind if you ask me, and after a year of steady, creative and dark output from the UK based Joker, his album, entitled "The Vision" finally drops on the 7th November.



Thanks to Pitchfork, I also discovered the misty-eyed title track of sorts from "The Vision", apparently the first single, which I totally missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment