Sunday 14 August 2011

Popdar #29 - My Plastic Sun

In a year seriously missing really classic ethereal dreampop albums such as last year's "Halcyon Digest" by Deerhunter and "Teen Dream" by Beach House, My Plastic Sun, though unknown, show immense promise to fill the void in 2011. Describing themselves as the missing link between Burt Bacharach and Beach House, the band have a sense of rock 'n' roll tenderness that recalls Blur circa 1999 and dare-I-say The Beatles. Quite frankly, the heartbreaking "Give it All Away" is simply that good. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself.



You can download their EP here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/myplasticsun or alternately on iTunes :) "Give it All Away" may be the showstopper, but the other two tracks, chirpier, poppier, most certainly do not disappoint either.

1 comment:

  1. The lead singer Johnny Cummings is an amazing talent and musical genius! I can't wait to hear more from this band!!

    ReplyDelete